Teacher of English & Literacy
Salary: Up to £36,963 pro rata per annum, depending upon experience
Contract Type: Fixed term until 22 July 2022
Hours: 22.2 to 29.6 hours per week (Flexible to suit successful candidate)
We are looking to appoint a committed and engaging English Teacher to join our Team. This is a unique role to help us ensure that all our students are able to secure excellent literacy outcomes and catch up on lost learning.
The successful candidate will teach GCSE English Language and Literature to our year 10 'nurture' group of students, and contribute to the teaching of other GCSE English groups. You will also provide additional literacy support to small groups of students to help close learning gaps. This might be in subjects other than English where extended writing is required.
SGS Berkeley Green UTC opened in September 2017 with outstanding facilities, in a state-of-the-art building. We provide specialist, high quality technical and academic education for 14-19 students with a strong interest in Engineering and Digital Technologies including Cyber Security. Although we are a specialist centre, the core subjects are very much the foundations on which all else rests. Developing confident, fluent and creative users of English is a priority for us.
We require a colleague who has:
• A genuine enthusiasm for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
• A flexible approach and is willing to adapt to the needs of learners
• A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 or an NQT with significant potential;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to build positive relationships with students;
• A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life.
In return we offer:
• Teaching at KS4 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
• Outstanding facilities in a purpose-built, £15million environment;
• The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team;
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education?
Can you support our students to become confident users of English?
If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
Closing Date: Thursday 7th October 2021
Interviews: Thursday 14th/Friday 15th October 2021
SGS Berkeley Green UTC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.