HAVERFORDWEST HIGH VC SCHOOL
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Haverfordwest High VC School is seeking to appoint a Teacher of English. The successful candidate would join us in the exciting journey of building a school which will be known as one which promotes excellence, inclusion and high expectations. The school is currently operating on the Portfield site until our new 21st century school build is completed for September 2022.
The successful candidate will be:
● An excellent and innovative classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching English.
● Have the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strength of the department, to meet the highest standards and be a role model for our students.
● Develop strategies to engage learners to improve their performance further.
● Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and the raising of achievement
● possess excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills
● possess enthusiasm, resilience, determination and a sense of humour
● possess the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues and learners
● have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and learners
● have the ability to develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders
● be able to use data in a highly effective manner in order to support progress across the department
● be absolutely committed to the vision of our school
If you feel you have the desire, determination and skills to join our team and feel able to meet the challenges that will come with the post we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will join a thriving team who work collaboratively to deliver high quality lessons for our pupils. The new school will be a fantastic environment in which to work and provide top class facilities for pupils and the community. Please visit our website to see recent photos and videos.
We are very proud of the achievements of our students at Haverfordwest High VC school and are keen to share information to help you to make a successful application. You can visit our website, school Facebook or Twitter accounts for more information about the school, or contact us if you wish to have an informal discussion about the post.
Safeguarding and protecting children and adults at risk is a high priority for Pembrokeshire County Council. We aim to support vulnerable children and adults at risk to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We are committed to ensuring their safety and will take action to safeguard their well-being. The Council’s Corporate Safeguarding Policy provides a framework for every member of staff and Service within the Council, setting out responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and protecting children and adults at risk as well as the methods by which the Council will be assured that it is fulfilling its duties.
This policy applies to all Council employees and workforce, councillors, volunteers and also service providers that are commissioned by the Council. Safeguarding is everyone's business whether they work for, or on behalf of the Council.