Are you a highly inspirational English and Drama Teacher?
We now have an opportunity for an outstanding professional to join our team as a full time teacher of English and Drama. This role allows you to be part of the transformation of a community and the life chances of the amazing young people we serve. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach at all levels. We also offer exceptional opportunities for professional development.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of rapid improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, helping learners to understand the many different branches of human knowledge, challenging them to think critically and encouraging a desire for truth and curiosity in life. We further believe that ‘resilience, ambition and respect’ are vital educational tools.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be:
• An outstanding practitioner
• Innovative and inspirational
• Committed to and has a strong belief in teamwork
• Able to lead, challenge and motivate students
• Committed to working with parents and the wider community
Why work at Meridian High School
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
Salary- MPR (Outer London)
Job Start date: September 2020
Hours: Full time
Closing date for applications – 10th March 2020
For more information about the role, or to arrange a tour, please contact the school directly.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.