The opportunity has arisen to join this highly-successful, thriving and dynamic department. The successful candidate will become an integral part of a highly experienced team.
Our school is set in the heart of the beautiful village of Caerleon which is steeped in Roman history and Arthurian legend. Caerleon attracts visitors from all over the world who come and see some of the finest Roman remains in the UK.
Just a short drive from the M4 and the city of Newport, the school enjoys easy accessibility.
The school is popular, highly regarded and has a thriving Sixth Form of over 300 pupils. Our catchment area draws pupils in from a wide geographical area including Usk in the county of Monmouthshire.
Examination outcomes at KS4 have been consistently strong. Application success for university places is impressive and includes offers for our Oxbridge applicants.
The school is proud of its inclusive ethos and has a tradition of ‘maximising potential’ for all.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring teacher who:
• will raise aspirations of all students;
• is an excellent role model;
• has the teaching skills to motivate students to learn and progress;
• is creative and enthusiastic;
• is capable of working within a dynamic team;
• has high expectations of our students;
• possesses excellent communication skills;
We can offer you:
• excellent career development;
• students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn;
• a positive and successful learning environment;
• a welcoming and dedicated team of trained staff committed to working together to maximise the potential of all students.
If you feel you have the appropriate qualifications and experience for this role, we would like to hear from you.
Applications are welcome from NQTs and experienced teachers.
Caerleon Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.