Teacher of English
Location: North West Bristol, BS10
Fixed Term – Starting October 2021 - August 2022
Bristol Free School is a successful and oversubscribed secondary school with Sixth Form situated in Westbury on Tyrm. We are a caring school with a highly qualified and exceptionally committed staff, who recognise the importance of creative and challenging teaching and high professional standards. All staff and students are greatly valued and emphasis on student and staff wellbeing is central to our culture.
At Bristol Free School, we are committed to the young people in our care. Our commitment encourages and inspires every child to fulfil their potential, we provide our students with the necessary skills to achieve academic and personal growth so they truly thrive, both socially and emotionally. We are excited to be advertising for a Teacher of English to secure progress for students in the School through the provision of high quality teaching and learning.
What we are looking for:
• An enthusiastic teacher with a passion for English Literature and English Language.
• Someone with a good understanding of relevant curriculum areas, including a good understanding of assessment and monitoring procedures.
• Experience of teaching or teaching practice of English at all Key Stages.
• A willingness to learn and apply new techniques that contribute to high quality teaching and learning.
• A teacher who expects and demonstrates the highest standards.
• A teacher who can enthuse a range of students with varying needs.
• A passion for reading, who can encourage students to increasingly read for pleasure.
Being part of BFS means living our values of community, ambition and opportunity. We want our young people to leave BFS with confidence and a strong belief that they can make the best of their life chances and be positive citizens with a strong moral compass. We all have the potential to support to shape our school and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
The successful candidate can expect:
A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community
- Positive and inclusive working environment where well-being is central to our culture
- Career development, CPD courses
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an Employee Wellbeing Hub
- Free parking onsite
BFS celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
The postholder will be required to undergo criminal, teacher status, qualification, medical and reference checks as part of the recruitment process and must be willing to participate in further training as the job requires. All staff are expected to take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students at the School.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.