Hours: 0.5 FTE
Start Date: Autumn Term 2020
Salary: MPS/UPS (NQTs welcome to apply)
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. The Trust draws its educational excellence from the established track record of the high quality education provision of Rushey Mead Academy, the Trust's convertor academy.
TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Orchard Mead Academy is one of three secondary schools in the Trust and firmly on a journey to transformation.
We are looking to appoint subject experts and enthusiasts to our happy and cohesive MFL team.
This is a school where:
- French is a subject is valued by students and families
- The team is highly experienced and very cohesive
- The curriculum is rich, ambitious and well planned
- Resources are centrally produced, saving on workload
- Smart workload efficient ways of feedback to students are in place
- Professional learning time is built into the school day with nine PL Mondays where the school finishes at 2pm to students so colleagues can plan together
- Behaviour management is centralised and teachers are enabled to flourish
The successful candidate will teach French throughout the age range 11-16. The post would suit an NQT or an experienced teacher looking to further their experience.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online
A letter detailing why you are a suitable candidate for the position should accompany your completed application form.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Applicant pack
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Wednesday 15 April 2020 at 9am
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.