ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO KUWAIT?
TAX FREE COUNTRY WITH ONE OF THE STRONGEST CURRENCIES IN THE WORLD.
EASY LIVING – FRIENDLY PEOPLE – MANY EXPAT COMMUNITIES
Then apply to join the wonderful team at Kuwait English School.
For September 2022 we are seeking a French Teacher who can teach up to A Level, the ability to teach Spanish up to IGCSE level as an additional language would be advantageous. We look for a passionate teacher who can bring global cultures to life, stimulate learners to step outside of their comfort zone, and maintain high levels of learning within a positive and fun language-learning environment.
WHY CHOOSE US
Kuwait English School is a leading co-educational private English day school catering for children 3 – 18 years of age representing over 65 nationalities with an excellent and established record of providing quality education for the community of Kuwait. The school is located in purpose built premises and offers the English National Curriculum, IGCSE/GCSE/GCE A/S and A level. We have over 230 academic staff who have excellent qualifications and experience and are highly motivated. It is accredited by BSO and are part of the BSME.
“Kuwait English School (KES) is a good school with significant outstanding features. The school provides a good quality of education complemented by a high level of student care.” BSO Inspection Report. Please check the full BSO Inspection Report on our website.
WHAT WE OFFER (Overseas Staff):
• Competitive Salary based on the number of years teaching
• Discount on children school fees at KES.
• Annual round trip flights for staff and discounted rate for 2 children (attending KES).
• Staff Accommodation/ Rent allowance.
• Subsidized private medical insurance for the employee
• A forward-thinking approach to language learning and an integrated curriculum.
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
• Courteous and hardworking pupils.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational; we cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria. We require:
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education
- It would be essential to have experience teaching French from Key Stage 3 - 5.The ability and experience of teaching Spanish to Key Stage 4 would be an advantage.
- Have minimum 1 year post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum international school
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Kuwait English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity and gender.