Teacher of Geography
Required September 2021
St Joseph’s Teacher Pay scales
St Joseph’s is a successful oversubscribed Catholic college in Swindon. Our aim is to reflect the Christian values proclaimed in the Gospel by providing a caring community in which young people can grow as balanced individuals, morally, intellectually and spiritually. We want our students to leave the college with good academic qualifications. We hope they will be resilient young people who are responsible for themselves and the effects their actions have on others.
To achieve these aims we need the very best staff. People who share our vision of the potential we see in our young people and are passionate about giving them the opportunity to learn to be the best they can be.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented Teacher of Geography; the successful candidate would be expected to Teach Geography across all the ability ranges at KS3 & KS4.
The Successful Candidate will have:
• The ability to teach Geography to Key Stage 4.
• A passion for Geography and a commitment to integrating it across the curriculum
• A high expectation for teaching and learning for learners of all abilities
• Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with the team.
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
The College Offer:
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching. A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
• Courteous and hardworking pupils.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students
Please submit your application form and covering letter to the Principal
Closing date: Thursday 22nd April Interview Date: W/C 26th April 2021
St Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All employees must respect and support the aims and objectives of our Catholic College, applications are not limited to those of Catholic faith
Individuals who identify as other than heterosexual are currently under represented in the College workplace. We would welcome applicants from these backgrounds and may use positive action as part of the recruitment process.
St Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all posts are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure