Thank you for considering Banbury Aspirations Campus for the next stage of your career. We seek an excellent teacher of geography for September 2021.
If you also have experience teaching sociology at A level there is the potential for a TLR payment for someone who wishes to step into their first leadership post.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to make a real impact on further driving up attainment and progress. You will have the opportunity to work with specialist teachers in other schools as part of our Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
Our campus is unique. We have two distinct schools and a cross campus sixth form which is in the top 25% of all schools in the country for progress. It is a team and a family of people who are all working together to achieve our mission of preparing our pupils for success in high quality apprenticeships or a place in university. We believe in a set of recognisable and traditional values: honesty; kindness to all others; respect for all; hard work and persistence.
Our teaching approaches have been influenced by groundbreaking work in charter schools in US inner cities, leading free schools in England and innovations from cognitive science research. Our teaching and learning approach is built on powerful work found in Lemov’s ’Teach Like a Champion’. Currently we are reading and researching work by Barak Rosenshine and Alex Quigley. We teach a rigorous, knowledge-based broad and balanced curriculum.
With a clear focus on both the self-worth of students and excellent outcomes, you will work further drive up attainment, progress and standards at Key Stage 3 and GCSE (Level 2), as well as developing our students’ love of learning and enhancement of their ‘cultural capital’.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour. If you were able to visit, you will see a culture with excellent behaviour and engaged students who are friendly and courteous. We know we haven’t yet got everything right, and are driven to continuously improve and aspire to become one of the best state schools in Oxfordshire and beyond.
What we can offer you:
- A professional progression model to enable you to make further progress in your career
- A vibrant and experienced humanities team
- Support and line management from a highly experienced Head of College
- Great students who behave excellently – you can make a massive difference to them
- Clear behaviour systems (currently being refined to develop our work on nurturing schools and restorative practice)
- Centralised homework support for KS4 students
- A feedback policy focused on closing the gap– we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed, with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
- a campus which has a record of improving results at GCSE and A level
- a campus where the sixth form is growing year on year
- sixth formers who now have the ambition to study at universities across the country
- a Trust which actively supports career progression through its “Roadmap” of professional learning opportunities
The successful candidate will be:
- an experienced practitioner who really enjoys working with children and understands the privileged position teachers hold in the communities they serve
- an excellent teacher of geography with KS3 and GCSE experience in a school, who has a clear love for the subject. The ability to offer sociology as well would be welcomed.
- someone who will be willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the life chances and ‘cultural capital’ of all our pupils are maximised
- totally aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
Banbury Aspirations Campus offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual looking to develop their career. We would be delighted to show you around our Academy in order to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment. We usually strongly advise a visit as this Campus is unique in many ways and this can still be arranged even with the necessary Covid restrictions.
Deadline for applications 9 a.m. Monday 26th April 2021
Interviews to take place the same week (live in school)
Banbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.