TEACHER OF GIRLS PE & HUMANITIES (or part time Teacher of either specialism)
Salary Grade: MPS-UPS
Salary Band: £23,719 - £39,406 FTE per annum
Location: Devizes School
Contract Type: All year round
Contract Term: Fixed term contract - 12 months
Closing Date: 22nd May 2019
Interview Date: As suitable applicants apply
Hours: 32.5 pw
Start: September 2019
Note: Whilst this post is advertised as a full time combined role, we will also welcome applications from either a Teacher of Girls PE OR Humanities wishing to work on a part time basis (15 to 19.5 hours per week)
Suitable applicants will be interviewed and appointed as soon as they apply so early application is encouraged to avoid disappointment.
About the opportunity
Devizes School is a Good School (Ofsted 2019) and learning is at the heart of all that we do. We are a very forward thinking school who are always striving to do better. It is a very happy place to learn and work and the positive relationships between students and staff are based on mutual respect and are at the heart of high standards of teaching and learning. This results in all students making excellent progress.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in both our PE & Health and Humanities Faculty and we are currently looking for an outstanding teacher/s to join us. If you would like to teach Girls PE and Humanities on a full time basis, then we'd love to hear from you. We would also welcome applications from teachers wishing to work on a part time basis to teach either Girls PE or Humanities (when applying, please indiciate your preference accordingly)
Please note that the successful candidate for Humanities will predominently focus on Religious Studies (RS) but will need to be flexible to also incorporate some Geography and History as required to at least GCSE level. Whilst this opportunity is a offered on a fixed term basis, it may lead to permanent employment for the right candidate/s.
Both the PE & Health and Humanities Faculty are well led areas of the school that are well equiped and friendly. We are passionate and committed to ensuring our currciculum is engaging and rewarding, working towards high level outputs in our teaching and learning, assessment and feedback.
Any newly qualified teacher appointed would be supported with a reduced timetable, a professional mentor and a strong commitment to their professional development. You will also benefit from a very supportive team, together with an inspirational leadership team whose school ethos has high expectations of students and staff to ensure successful outcomes for all. Devizes School has a reputation for good discipline and high quality education.
As a school, we place high value on an individual’s professional development and training, regardless of where they are in their career path. As an academy within The White Horse Federation of schools, we benefit from sharing resources and support in every aspect of school life. You will be empowered to develop your own skills with access to excellent CPD and coaching from both your peers and the school leadership team.
The successful candidate will be
A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subjects; able to inspire and motivate students and staff
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
We Can Offer You
A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Devizes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Criminal Records Bureau check before appointment is confirmed.