Required for September 2020
Closing date: 1pm on Monday 27th April 2020
Interview date: Week beginning 11th May 2020
We are looking to appoint a high quality, enthusiastic Teacher of Girls PE to join our large, successful PE department. If you have the desire to make a real difference to the lives of young children and want to join a team of highly dedicated staff, then we would love to hear from you.
This post is a maternity leave cover and would be a perfect start for an NQT's career, allowing them to gain a varied experience within a large secondary school, working within a supportive PE team
Holyrood is a large 11-18 Academy with 1280 students, including a Sixth form of 200 students based in the market town of Chard in South Somerset. On the 1st September we were pleased to join the high performing Uffculme Academy Trust.
The PE' departments intent is for the curriculum is to inspire pupils to develop a lifelong love of physical activity, learning the knowledge and skills to participate fully in school sport and beyond.
PE challenges the knowledge and skills of all students in a large variety of sports and activities. They are sequenced each year and term to ensure that core skills are developed and built on through each year and each key stage.
We will ensure the successful candidate has:
- Comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
- Continuous professional development and improvement
- The opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
- An open professional culture and learning community;
- Opportunities for and dedication to your professional development;
- Opportunities to work across the Trust;
- Opportunities to contribute to our wide-ranging and popular extra-curricular and inter-House programmes of activities;
- Membership of the Benenden Health provision.
Detailed job description and person specification can be found within the job information pack
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.