Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED-Dec 2019) with the recent inspection stating:
● Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
● Pupils are making very good progress
● Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We have a state-of -the-art building, with a new wing opened in September 2018, with purpose built science laboratories to accommodate our rapidly expanding sixth form. We aim to give every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for January 2021, to cover a maternity leave, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational teacher of Health & Social Care. You will deliver outstanding teaching and learning in this key subject area at KS4 and 5. The successful candidate will support the Head of Health & Social in curriculum development across KS4/5 and continue to build upon the new resources for our GCSE specification at KS4 alongside the opportunity to develop BTEC further at KS5. You will be committed to raising attainment and to utilise new independent learning strategies.
Health & Social Care is a highly respected subject within the Academy and is an increasingly popular subject choice at both KS4 and KS5.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. The Academy has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion. Visits to the Academy are encouraged and if this post has attracted your interest, we welcome enquirers to telephone for an informal discussion in the first instance.
We are seeking to appoint:
● A committed and motivated teacher of Health & Social Care, with a clear vision to develop this subject area within our Academy
● An enthusiastic and experienced teacher/strong NQT, with effective strategies to take the department and its students to the highest levels of achievement.
● A dynamic and creative classroom practitioner who can engage learners raising achievement for all.
● An enthusiast who will promote Health & Social Care, making it relevant and engaging for all our students.
● A candidate able to offer strategic input to improve learning and attainment within the department
● A professional, hardworking and supportive department with improving exam performance.
● New state of the art facilities.
● Innovative CPD programme.
● Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
● The opportunity to make a major contribution to school improvement.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.