There has never been a more exciting time to join HVS with our recent 'Outstanding' ofsted inspection, brand new building and relentless commitment to developing our team.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous History teacher to join our Humanities team of a Head of Faculty and three teachers. As the School continues to grow, the successful candidate will have the exciting and unique opportunity to shape a KS4 and KS5 curriculum which is bespoke, challenging and fit for the needs of 21st century life, as well as having the potential opportunity to take on more responsibility within the growing faculty.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who embraces creativity, innovation and is always looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
Hoe Valley School is:
An outstanding, heavily oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with a dedicated Humanities area - all teachers have their own classroom and a Humanities Faculty Planning Hub
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 13th January 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.