Full-time - Permanent |Start date: September 2019
| Salary: MPS/UPS | NQTs welcome to apply
“I think I have learned that the best way to lift one’s self up is to help someone else.”
Booker T. Washington
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Teacher of History at Hamilton Academy. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly committed to our students and their success and will show understanding of the curriculum. They will play an active role in the department supporting the continued development of the quality of teaching at Hamilton Academy. We are looking for someone who will show flexibility, reliability and have excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to motivate others and lead by example.
Hamilton Academy is an extremely rewarding school with an exceptionally caring ethos which is at the forefront of our work. We are a mixed comprehensive school of approximately 1200 students sharing a common vision to make a positive difference; to ourselves, to others and to our world. We offer a culture based on shared values and collaboration, committed professional and well-qualified colleagues, strong support from senior leaders and a superb working environment.
We aim to achieve a History department where:
• Students develop a joy of learning History and study at GCSE level.
• Students are inspired to go on to study History at A Level.
• The professional learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
• Resources are tailor-made to ensure students of all abilities make progress and have a real sense of achievement after every lesson.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent History practitioner.
• Be passionate about developing their own practice and the teaching and learning practice of others.
• Have a keen interest in History and in developing all aspects of History teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships with both students and staff.
We can offer you:
• A friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff.
• Career development and recruitment incentives with access and support to follow middle leadership programmes e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders.
• Access to CPD to help you grow and develop in your role.
• Focussed support on your wellbeing. TMET has partnered with Amica to offer free counselling and support to our staff.
Teachers will be supported and encouraged to develop their practice by engaging in opportunities to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues within our Professional Learning programme.
The Academy is well placed to offer a comprehensive support package to NQTs from all routes into teaching, including PGCE, SCITT and Schools Direct. Both new and established teachers will be supported and encouraged to develop their practice by engaging in opportunities to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues within our Professional Learning programme.
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Hamilton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Please submit your application via the eteach website. You are required to complete the TMET Application Form in order for your application to be considered.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact the school to arrange.
Hamilton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.