Teacher of History
Location: Leicester, city centre.
A unique opportunity for dedicated and enthusiastic practitioner to join the team at Castle Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
This post will suit NQTs, RQTS or more experienced teachers.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. Since then, we have never looked back! By 2024, the eight-form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 scholars. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead is making available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every scholar leaves us with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
The opportunity to work in a growing school, is like no other. When you start a school from scratch like we have, it is a golden opportunity to put in place all of the amazing things you have heard and read about from the best schools in the land – but in one place, here in Leicester! As we now cross into our next chapter, and move in to our new state-of-the-art school building, join us and help to build a genuine legacy of your own, alongside colleagues who are aligned in their values.
We are recruiting a team of like-minded experts to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.” This is a rare opportunity, so as we challenge convention, lead without preconception and are unapologetically ambitious on behalf of our scholars.
This is a unique opportunity to teach in a school where:
• there is a premium on subject expertise;
• there is a cherishing of each subject discipline with no generic “one size fits all” approach;
• a knowledge rich curriculum in each subject gives our scholars access to the best which has been thought and said in every field of human endeavour;
• there is a focus on feedback rather than marking;
• there is a pristinely calm and orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach and scholars can learn;
• there is an emphasis on staff professional growth, with integrated professional learning, deliberate practice and instruction coaching;
• we distribute leadership, consistently consider staff workload and want to just keep getting better;
• we are due to move in to a new £30m building, on the picturesque riverside, for August 2021!
This is an opportunity for teachers who:
• are subject enthusiasts;
• champion scholars’ academic potential as well as development of their character;
• want to grow as a practitioner in a growing school.
The successful candidate will grow alongside our other leaders as part of our excellent team and have the opportunity to develop curriculum and practice together year by year. The Principal, other colleagues and the wider TMET family of schools will support the team to develop, providing coaching and access to training through our Teaching School.
Please submit your application by 2nd March 2021. For further information, a confidential discussion, to book a visit to Castle Mead Academy or any technical queries please contact Tom Hague, Principal, by email or telephone.
Closing Date: 2nd March 2021, 12 noon
Interviews: March 2021
Position Start Date: August 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604)
Candidate Pack, Teacher of History, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Teacher of History, Castle Mead Academy
Teaching and Learning Policy, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.