We are seeking an enthusiastic and determined teacher to join our team and assist with the delivery of English and Mathematics interventions as well as teach in our Humanities Department.
The Humanities department is an exciting learning environment with staff that have a passion and drive to share excellent lessons and learning experiences with the Everest students.
We are a fast paced and dynamic mixed comprehensive school meeting the needs of children of all abilities from 11-16 years. The school is in an exciting phase, having recently joined the high performing Bourne Education Trust. We are eager to appoint exceptional individuals who wish to make a significant contribution to the learning and lives of our students. We have a proven track record of working with and developing newly qualified teachers and those ready for promotion.
We were obviously delighted with the swift progress being made by the school but are greedy for more. Our ideal candidates are energetic, ambitious (for themselves and their students), resilient and enthusiastic.
This post is ideal for those wanting to be part of a rapid transformation and eager to work in a school and trust that puts quality education for its students at its core.
We are committed to providing the very best for our teachers. The benefits you can expect by working at Everest are:
- A focus on staff well-being and a commitment to reducing staff workload
- A shorter academic year (37.2 weeks per year), which means more holiday time and a good work-life balance
- Outstanding NQT training and support
- Manageable marking policy
- Shared resources and lesson planning
- Great opportunities for career progression
- Whole school approach to rewards and our ‘Right to Learn’ strategy
Applications from NQTs and more experienced teachers are encouraged. Potential candidates are welcome to visit the school any time and meet the team.
Please visit our website for more information
Bourne Education Trust
Everest Community Academy is part of Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) - a regional multi-academy trust made up of sixteen schools, across both primary and secondary phases.
Specialising in supporting schools to improve their performance, BET continues to grow a community of high performing academies with the highest aspiration and dedication to achieving the best outcomes for their learners.
Led by Alex Russell, CEO, and supported by an executive team and board of directors, BET's 1050 staff currently educate over 7,700 pupils.
BET is a fast moving and exciting place to work with every school within our Trust free to shape their individual character. Our brilliant teachers, support staff and leaders share a commitment to providing a first-class education to the children within their schools and as a Trust we strive to ensure that our provision enables every child to fulfil their potential.
Our people are the key to our success and for this reason we believe in creating great places to work where people feel supported and encouraged to be the best they can possibly be.
Staff within our schools can expect to be challenged and motivated to achieve their ambitions, and such is the scale and scope of the Trust’s school-to-school support work, successful candidates can expect to:
- Work in a high performing and supportive environment with dedicated high quality induction, coaching and mentoring programmes
- Develop their teaching pedagogy within a culture of collaboration and sharing of best practice
- Receive focussed career planning and professional development advice, which can result in rapid promotion either through direct placement or via secondments
- Work with our teaching school partner to successfully navigate your NQT status, if applicable, and receive support in achieving your qualified teacher status in the UK if you have come from abroad
- Work within an organisation that prioritises staff well-being, supports effective planning, preparation and administrative time as well as access to high quality shared resources and the opportunity to work a shorter academic year than most
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Everest Community Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.