Job Start: 4th January 2021
Salary: Main Scale or Upper Pay Spine
Contract Type: Full time and Temporary – NQTs welcome
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a Teacher of Humanities at Pentrehafod School. The ability to teach RE or Sociology at Key Stage 4 would be an advantage, but not essential.
All levels of experience considered.
The department motivates students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve. Humanities classrooms are well resourced and offer a stimulating environment, which fosters a culture of mutual respect for successful learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject knowledge and passion for all aspects of Humanities
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modelling positive learning behaviour, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
This is a very exciting time for the school as we have recently completed a multi-million pound refurbishment offering a stimulating learning environment in a well-resourced department. Pentrehafod School is very accessible via the M4 corridor and the Heads of the Valley road.
Pentrehafod School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school is very proud to be a Gold Rights Respecting school and expects all staff to share this ethos.
Closing Date – Friday 4th December 2020.
Pentrehafod School, Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of children and young people.
We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.