Hours: Full Time
Site: Richard Barnes Academy
Closing date: 16th April 2021
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all with an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
About Richard Barnes Academy
The Richard Barnes Academy became part of the Thomas Deacon Education Trust in May 2020, replacing the Peterborough Pupil Referral Service. The Richard Barnes Academy is an inclusive primary and secondary alternative provision academy that is committed to safeguarding and learner welfare. We provide specialist support for learners who have experienced difficulties with learning and behaviour in a mainstream setting.
Here at the Richard Barnes Academy our core purpose is to provide more than just an education for our young people, we create an innovative, personalised alternative learning environment where our learners acquire belief, opportunities, and skills to succeed.
If you are a highly skilled, committed, and compassionate practitioner who has what it takes to make a difference, we look forward to receiving an application from you.
The Richard Barnes Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic IT teacher who wants to make a difference to children who have had a difficult time in their educational journey. You will be committed to bringing ‘learning to life’ and will continually look for ways to ensure that the curriculum develops the knowledge and skills that our learners require to move onto the next phase of their education. We are looking to appoint a colleague who is highly skilled, committed and shares an unwavering determination to help every student enjoy, achieve and progress in IT from KS3 through to KS4. At KS3 we are planning on following the National Curriculum and at KS4 we follow the OCR Cambridge National in Creative iMedia.
• Teach the relevant subject, according to students’ educational needs, following the curriculum and Schemes of Work within the Academy.
• Having regard to the IT curriculum to promote the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the students in any class or groups assigned.
• Carry out planning, course preparation, marking and assessment of student work, in line with Academy policy.
• Collaborate and work with other teachers on the preparation and development of teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Richard Barnes Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.