Due to increased pupil numbers, The Aspire Free School Academy Trust has a new opportunity and are seeking to appoint a well-qualified class teacher for Key Stage 3 to join the Aspire staff team. We are looking for someone with:
• Excellent subject knowledge
• A good track record of progress and outcomes in a curriculum subject, or many subjects
• A willingness to teach across key stages if required
• A relentlessly reasonable approach to dealing with challenge
• Positive and professional work behaviours
• Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children
• Flexibility to teach a variety of subjects and a good team player
• Experience of working in an educational environment with pupils aged 11-16 with social, emotional and mental health needs
• An awareness of social, emotional and mental health needs and how these can impact on a pupil’s behaviour and ability to learn
• Resilience and a good sense of humour
The main duties of the role are to teach pupils the core subjects and provide support for the educational, social and personal needs of those pupils, which ensure that they have a safe and healthy environment in which to learn and develop.
Supported by subject specialists, the successful candidate will have the confidence and resilience to deliver a range of high quality lessons and engaging activities in an alternative provision education setting.
As an integral part of the Aspire Academy staff team you will make a contribution to the overall aims of the school, working within agreed policies and procedures.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants; this will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring service.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
For further details or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Mr Simon Stevenson (Head Teacher)
Prior visits to the Academy are welcomed.
The Aspire Academy Free School Trust are committed to safeguarding all children and young people in their care and will look to an enhanced DBS and references from previous appropriate employers prior to any employment being taken up.