Something special is going on at Orchard School: a seriously good Ofsted report (have a look at our website), good outcomes, excellent student behaviour and full commitment to your professional development. We are now looking for a teacher of Mathematics to join our growing school. Make a difference every day for our wonderfully diverse and ambitious students. Make an impact on your career by helping us become outstanding.
- creative and original, able to think and act innovatively
- passionate about your subject
- able to inspire, motivate and empower students in lessons
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- skilled at teaching at Key Stage 3 and 4 across the ability range
- keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team
- happy, enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
- excellent student behaviour and a calm, purposeful learning environment
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a commitment to professional development and opportunities for career advancement
- a bright, happy environment in which to learn and work
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
- For the right candidate a responsibility payment may be considered following discussion at interview
Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs). Visits to the school are warmly encouraged.
If this post has attracted your interest, please do apply and see what Orchard can offer you.
This role has been identified as falling within the definition of requiring fluency in spoken English. You will be required to speak English with confidence and be able to conduct a conversation and answer questions for extended periods of time.
Closing Date: Friday 20th December 2019 (See note below)
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. If you are interested in this position, please apply as soon as you can. If you meet our criteria you will be invited to the school for interview as soon as mutually convenient.
Orchard School Bristol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.