Are you in search of a new opportunity to teach Mathematics in a supportive, high performing school? We are looking to recruit an outstanding and motivated teacher for a September 2020 start.
Part-time applications welcome
Suitable for NQTs
Rosebery School is a highly successful, oversubscribed and vibrant girls’ 11-18 school with 1,450 students, including 250 in the Sixth Form. We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Teacher of Mathematics who is able to inspire our youngsters and engender a love of learning and of Mathematics in particular.
The Mathematics team is both friendly and supportive. We are committed to professional development, learning from each other and sharing good practice. As such, we work together to create a positive learning environment and provide a good learning experience for our students who work hard and want to do well. The department is on a journey of embedding the principles of Teaching for Mastery, led by the Head of Department who is NCETM Mastery Specialist. NQTs have excellent support from their department mentor. We aim to create an enjoyable and productive working environment for both staff and pupils, where, together we strive to actively engage, learn and improve. The Mathematics department has a track record of success at GCSE and A Level. Last year’s GCSE results were outstanding with 90% of students achieving 4+ and 45% achieving 7+. Our A Level results also mirrored this outstanding achievement with 70% of students achieving a Grade A or above.
Full Time or Part Time
GLF Main Range/UPR London Fringe
Please click here for a full application pack including job description.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach mathematics to students in Years 7 to 11 and 12 to 13 as needed.
- Deliver lessons which enrich and engage all students taught.
- Plan lessons carefully, having regard to the schemes of work and faculty practice.
- Teach other subjects as required.
- Cover for absent colleagues within the ‘rarely cover’ parameters within which we work.
- Work as a full member of the designated faculty team, working with others to promote good practice in the faculty, to create teaching resources and to develop consistent approaches.
- Assess student work to monitor and evaluate progress, set targets and advise lesson preparation.
- Drive attainment and progress for all students taught, setting targets, tracking progress and intervening where appropriate.
For the right candidate we offer:
- An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- Development through CPD and career management.
- Recognition for your hard work and commitment.
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- Excellent long-term prospects
For more information on our school, please visit our website http://www.roseberyschool.co.uk/. Visitors are always welcome, please contact Lesley Broome, HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.