We are seeking an enthusiastic and well qualified graduate of Mathematics, or a closely-related discipline, who will be capable of stretching and inspiring motivated students, whilst instilling a passion for the subject.
The post involves teaching Mathematics across the year groups 7-11 and ability ranges. We welcome applications from teachers new to the profession as well as those with teaching experience. Candidates with the experience and/or ability to teach to year 13 will have an advantage.
In addition to being part of a close and supportive department with some of the strongest examination results in the School, all teachers benefit from continuous professional development and the opportunity for career progression, TPS, free parking on the School site and free lunch.
The following qualities are deemed to be essential in the successful candidate:
• A degree in a subject closely-related to Mathematics;
• A good level of current subject knowledge;
• Enthusiasm for and commitment to the subject;
• An approach to teaching that is varied and flexible;
• The ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and on paper;
• Sound classroom management skills;
• The ability to relate well to pupils of all abilities and to a wide age range;
• The ability to deal confidently with sensitive issues concerning pupil welfare;
• Good organisational skills;
• Reliability in working to deadlines.
St Edmund's School Canterbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.