Teacher of Mathematics required for September 2021
Full-Time Maternity Cover - One Term
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic School & Sixth Form Centre is seeking to appoint a committed, well-qualified and passionate teacher who can demonstrate a clear sense of purpose and high expectations in the Mathematics department at St Joseph’s. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, community-focused and innovative school and work with wonderful students, committed staff and a supportive leadership team. GCSE results in both mathematics and numeracy are very good with large numbers taking mathematics in the Sixth Form with excellent results.
Anyone wishing to apply should:
- be an excellent classroom teacher;
- possess a strong commitment to the Catholic ethos and vision of the school;
- be able to inspire and enthuse students;
- have high expectations of students’ achievements and attitudes;
- be able to teach Mathematics up to and including KS5;
- be able to work as part of a team and be able to motivate, inspire, support and lead others;
- be committed to our students, with the belief that education has the capacity to transform their journey.
We can offer you:
- a caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos;
- friendly and committed staff who are supportive of each other and open to new ideas;
- a commitment to Continuous Professional Development;
- a forward thinking, former Curriculum Pioneer School in relation to Successful Futures.
Applications are welcomed from highly motivated and ambitious teachers. NQTs, teachers in their early years and experienced teachers who are looking forward to a new challenge are all welcome to apply.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
Applicants will need to complete the CES application form and should use the supporting statement to explain why they believe they are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is Thursday, 17 June 2021 at 12 noon. Shortlisting will take place immediately and interviews will take place early following week. All applicants will be informed by email after the shortlisting
St Joseph's Catholic School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.