TEACHER OF MATHS
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS
Salary Band: £24,372 - £40,490 per annum
Location: Gloucester Academy
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Full Time
Closing Date: 08 December 2019
Interview Date: TBA
Hours: 32.5 pw
Start: January 2020 or Easter 2020
Please note, we will be interviewing suitable candidates throughout the advertised period and reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications. Therefore please apply without delay if you are interested.
About the Opportunity
Gloucester Academy is a school that aims to prepare our students for the future. Our curriculum offers a balance of vocational and academic learning which is tailored towards our student’s needs. We believe that teachers should have really high expectations and we support our staff practically to do this with strong behaviour structures and clear lines of support to a leadership that is fully involved in the quality of teaching across the academy. .
We want to recruit a fantastic Maths teacher who can make a difference to the lives of our students.
At Gloucester Academy we aim to do more than just teach; we know that our impact extends far beyond the classroom. As a teacher, you are more than just an educator: you are a mentor to look up to, a beacon of knowledge, able to build confidence in young adults as they develop into the members of society of whom we can be proud.
Our aim is to become one of the most rapidly improving schools in the country, and this is an exciting time to join us. As part of a rapidly growing White Horse Federation Multi Academy Trust, not only will you have the friendship and support of your colleagues within GA, but you will also be part of a wider network of Secondary and Primary schools across Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire, led by leading educational practitioners. This means great career opportunities.
If you would like to see us in action, then please contact us on 01452-428800.
The successful candidate will be
A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You
A school with a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Gloucester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with previous employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).