Hours: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: MPS (NQTs welcome to apply)
To further strengthen the Mathematics we offer to students at Key Stage 3 and 4 we are looking to appoint and additional teaching colleague who has the ability and desire to help young people achieve their potential.
Regardless of your career stage we would expect you to play an active role in the department and in the continued development of the quality of teaching at Orchard Mead Academy. In return we can offer strong leadership and investment in your professional development that will build on your potential. Our culture is based on shared values and collaboration with committed professional and well-qualified colleagues, strong support from senior leaders and a superb working environment.
If you are a maths specialist with the ability to inspire our students, to work in an effective team and to strive for excellence in all that you do we are interested in hearing from you!
We aim to achieve a maths department where:
- maths is valued by students and families;
- students are inspired to go on to study Maths at A level;
- the professional learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
We can offer you:
- a friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff;
- career development and recruitment incentives with access and support to follow middle leadership programmes e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders;
- access to CPD to help you grow and develop in your role;
- focussed support on your wellbeing and a commitment to making your workload manageable.
The academy is well placed to offer a comprehensive support package to NQTs from all routes into teaching, including PGCE, SCITT and School Direct. Both new and established teacher will be supported and encouraged to develop their practice by engaging in opportunities to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues within our Professional Learning programme.
Please note we will interview candidates on receipt of application forms, so this advert may be withdrawn before the closing date.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.