Severn Vale School is an Academy which provides an inclusive secondary education for students that delivers strong student outcomes through high quality teaching. The school is proud of its inclusive credentials and, in an area that has retained selection, subscribe instinctively to the comprehensive ideal. We are a popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy who are increasing their pupil numbers from 235 to 265 on entry, which will increase the school size from 1175 to 1325 over five years.
We require, a keen, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Mathematics. You would be joining a supportive, well-resourced department. The position is permanent and part-time (0.6 FTE preferred, however there is flexibility regarding this).
There is a strong emphasis on raising achievement in creative, innovative ways and a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development. This is a school that believes in ‘growing great teachers’. We have a very high staff retention rate and believe that our focus on staff - who are our greatest asset - is one of our strengths. To enable our teachers to thrive we have:
• no centralised teaching and learning policies, but increased time for departments to develop subject specific pedagogy
• no graded lesson observations or other QA activities – everything we do is developmental
• no “Ofsted speak” at all – we do what we do for our students and the school community
• a firm belief in “more feedback, less marking”
• limited data collections (once a year following summative assessments)
• a research and coaching based culture
• a centralised behaviour management system with high levels of support from senior leaders and superb pastoral teams
• time and space for staff to develop in a way which suits them as individuals
Applications are welcome from NQTs as well as experienced teachers.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references.