Having joined Uffculme Academy Trust (UAT) from the 1st September 2019, Holyrood Academy is entering the next exciting period of its development. By joining UAT it meant that Holyrood is now part of one of the leading education providers in the South West and will be working in a highly successful family of schools providing education from 4-19 with exceptional opportunities for career progression.
Holyrood is a large 11-18 Academy with 1250 students, including 150 post-16 students.
Holyrood is based in the market town of Chard in South Somerset. We are lucky enough to be situated in a beautiful part of the country surrounded by lovely countryside with the rugged Jurassic coastline on our doorstep.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of Maths.. We are looking for someone who has a real passion for teaching and learning and making sure students achieve their absolute best. You will be joining an outstanding department with a strong departmental ethos that ‘high effort equals high reward’, where students enjoy Maths, they work hard and they achieve a great deal. We consistently achieve excellent results.
This post would be a perfect start for an NQT's career, allowing them to gain a varied experience within a large secondary school who is part of a forward thinking Trust and with the support of a large Maths team
We will ensure the successful candidate has:
- Comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
- Continuous professional development and improvement
- The opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
- An open professional culture and learning community
- Opportunities for and dedication to your professional development
- Opportunities to work across the Trust
- Opportunities to contribute to our wide-ranging and popular extra-curricular and inter-House programmes of activities
- Automatic membership of the Benenden Health provider, which is paid for by the Trust
More detailed information about the Maths department and the requirements of the job can be found in the applicant information pack.
Closing date for applications is 1pm on Monday 12th October 2020
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.