We are looking to appoint a creative and talented teacher to join our motivated and expanding team.
You will be fundamental in formulating our innovative and exciting secondary curriculum and contributing to this vibrant local community within the Local Authority's first all-through school for children and young people aged 3 to 19 in South London.
Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions. As a growing school, we are looking to extend our team further and employ exceptional staff who share our values and determination to ensure that Woodmansterne pupils receive a first-class education.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
We are looking for an excellent Teacher of Mathematics (Secondary) with:
- very high expectations of what can be achieved;
- a proven track record in raising pupil attainment at KS4 and preferably KS5;
- an understanding of how children learn and the complexities of this process;
- the aspiration to work with young people, colleagues and parents;
- the skills to work successfully as a team member establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices;
- experience of following direction and working in collaboration with colleagues, parents, pupils and the school community;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- a creative and innovative approach to school improvement.
Our strong and experienced leadership team are committed to providing an exceptional and enriching education for all our young people.
Why should you come to work for us?
- we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
- half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Kids’ City after school club provision (either at Woodmansterne or another school);
- we have amazing new and well looked after facilities and buildings with two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites, specialist food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning spaces and a huge playing field;
- our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full learning potential;
- we are committed to staff well-being and have a well-being committee who arrange book clubs, exercise classes, step challenges, book groups and well-being activities;
- a commitment to personalised professional development and opportunities for career growth;
- we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
- access to Cyclescheme;
- free refreshments in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
- delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
- the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration;
- we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
Bristol Sport Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.