About us and the role
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for outstanding and inspirational Teacher of Maths to join our committed teaching professionals at Avanti Fields from August 2022. The successful candidate will have the ability to inspire learners and work with colleagues to deliver outstanding outcomes. Applications are welcome and encouraged from both newly qualified and more experienced colleagues.
This is a unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a growing and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Development of spiritual insight
Why should you apply?
- You will be working in a fantastic environment.
- Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- LGPS pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
- A committed and motivated staff team;
- An attractive working environment;
- Supportive parents;
What will you do?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of pupils’ you teach
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs; gifted and talented; EAL; disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- This role is suitable for both newly qualified teachers (ECT) and experienced teachers
- Exceptional subject knowledge
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children andyoung people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.