Hours: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR 2A or 2B available for suitable candidates to take on wider responsibilities within maths suited to interests and experience (e.g. leading year 7 numeracy catch up) or for Head of Year responsibility
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. The Trust draws its educational excellence from the established track record of the high quality education provision of Rushey Mead Academy, the Trust's convertor academy.
TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Orchard Mead Academy is one of three secondary schools in the Trust and firmly on a journey to transformation.
If you are a maths specialist with the ability to inspire our students, to work in an effective team and to strive for excellence in all that you do we are interested in hearing from you!
We aim to achieve a maths department where:
- maths is valued by students and families;
- students are inspired to go on to study maths at A level;
- the professional learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
The school is one where:
- there is an emphasis on feedback rather than marking
- there is collaborative planning and shared resources
- behaviour systems and detentions are centralised
- professional learning is built into the school day with teams working across Trust schools
The successful candidate will teach maths throughout the age range 11-16. The post would suit an NQT or an experienced teacher looking to further their experience.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online
A letter detailing why you are a suitable candidate for the position should accompany your completed application form.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Applicant pack
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Sunday 05 April 2020
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.