Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
HE Media Teacher
Reference Number: SCCG2114A
Salary: Up to £39,195
(Pro-rata to 0.6FTE - £14,178 - £23,481 per annum)
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Thursday 23rd July
Interview Date: Monday 3rd August 2020
Location: University Centre, (FutureSkills at MediaCityUK)
Contract Type: Temporary, Maternity Cover (approx Sept 2020 to May 2021)
Hours per Week: 0.6 FTE, 3.5 days per week.
Not applicable to NQTS.
Previous applicants need not apply.
The successful applicant will be experienced teaching level 4 to 6 in Media Theory and Media production. It is essential for candidates to have in-depth knowledge of media theory, research and contexts and have an excellent understanding of the HE sector, teaching and assessment. All applicants must have a related BA (Hons) degree, a PGCE or equivalent and ideally an MA degree.
We also require applicants to have:
• A demonstrable record of successful extensive academic study.
• Excellent knowledge of the media industry; political, social and economic factors and different ecologies
• Excellent analytical knowledge of TV drama, Film, News and Multi-media Advertising.
• Experience and knowledge of media events and showcase management.
• Current industry experience/and or excellent knowledge of the Media sector (ideally TV, Film or journalism).
• A good network of industry professionals.
• A good understanding of film and audio production equipment/technologies.
• Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Davinci Resolve.
• The ability to utilise new technologies in teaching and learning.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to high standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in teaching and learning with a demonstrable track record.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information, please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR
Reasons to Join Us:
• Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• Optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes for the latest technology, mobile phones & bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
University Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.