Teacher of MFL, Second in Charge (KS5 French Specialist with the ability to teach KS3 German)
Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale for Outer London, depending on experience, plus TLR2b, currently £4,783 per annum
Starting date: 1 September 2022 or January 1 2023
A fantastic opportunity has just arisen at Waldegrave School. Following the promotion of one of our team members, we are looking for an existing or aspiring Teacher of MFL to assist the Head of Department, as required, in all departmental matters, including the promotion of high standards of teaching and learning across all Key Stages by collaborating with other leaders and colleagues. We require a French specialist who can teach up to KS5 French as well as teach German to KS3.
We are proud of our excellent Languages Department at Waldegrave. We run French, German and Spanish from KS3 to KS5 and many students go on to continue the study of languages at university.
- is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
- believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
- values and promotes continued CPD and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
- has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
- is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
- a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
- a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
- a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
- on-site parking;
- close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
- after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.
The Waldegrave Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.