Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
(Spanish and French)
Part Time (0.4-0.6FTE) and Permanent (MPS/UPS)
Required for September 2020
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1050 on Roll (and growing)
• Co-educational Sixth Form with over 300 students
• MPS or UPS (inc. NQTs)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational part-time Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages to help take the department to even further success. The postholder will need to be able to teach Spanish to A Level and KS3 French. The school has a highly committed staff team with extremely well motivated students and excellent facilities. Languages are very popular at the school and we offer French, German, Spanish and Latin at KS3 and KS4, with French, German and Spanish at A level. A range of exchange visits and cultural trips are also available to languages students at all key stages :
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for Languages and the ability to inspire both staff and students.
• Have the ability to teach Spanish to A Level
• Have experience of successfully teaching French to at least KS3
• Be able to continue to raise achievement through high quality teaching and learning within the department, informed by internal and external data
• Contribute to whole school improvement and self-evaluation
We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry , Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Interview date w/b Monday 27th April 2020
(interviews are likely to be done remotely)
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB clearance