Teacher of Music
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and highly effective Teacher of Music to join us at The Roundhill Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational individual to join our exceptional Performing Arts Department and deliver a music curriculum that is exciting, innovative and diverse. The successful candidate will ensure that the provision of music across the school builds on the current high standards.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member who joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The ideal candidates will have:
• Qualified teaching status, and up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of music and appropriate resources which deliver outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• Good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
• An understanding of the need for equality of opportunity within a changing community.
• The ability to motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative and encouraging lessons.
• A commitment to delivering extra-curricular opportunities.
To apply for this position please use the online application form and submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 22nd March 2021
Provisional Interview Date: W/C Monday 29th March 2021
We look forward to receiving your application!
• We are committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being completed, this includes a criminal records (DBS check)
• Candidates must have the right to work in the UK to work for our Trust, you will be asked to provide this evidence if you are shortlisted for interview
• We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics or disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.