Teacher of PE
Required from 01 September 2020
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and dynamic PE Teacher, to join a well-established and highly successful department. The role is to teach boys PE primarily, but not exclusively.
The post holder will be flexible, have a passion for teaching PE and sport and will be ambitious for every single student, no matter what their ability. We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher to help shape and deliver an engaging and inclusive physical education curriculum. We are also looking for commitment to the delivery of high quality, extra-curricular PE through our extensive and varied after school extra-curricular programme. Our school is relatively new, but we already have an enviable reputation for sport. We have motivated and talented students. Our provision is already high quality but we are ambitious and plan to expand and improve our extra-curricular offer even further.
WHY CHOOSE US:
PE has a high profile across the school and we are proud of our excellent GCSE and BTEC Sports results. Furthermore we have been highly successful in our extra-curricular sport.
BFS is a popular and oversubscribed community school in the North-West of Bristol. We are part of the Russell Education Trust and have a strong reputation for the academic development of the most able, and those with SEND; and for our rich sporting, musical and cultural life. Our core values are Community, Ambition and Opportunity are exhibited throughout our school community.
The school was established in 2011 and now has in excess of 1000 students with a flourishing Sixth Form. BFS is an exciting and dynamic school with staff dedicated to developing the talents and ambition of our students.
- A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
- A flourishing 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trusts 5 schools
- Excellent Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities - happy staff make a happy school
- Recent track record of highly effective teaching in KS3, 4 and ideally KS5
- Good subject knowledge
- Commitment to the development of curricular and extra-curricular PE and Sport
YOU WILL BE:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Well qualified and enthusiastic
- Able to teach PE across all key stages
- A good team player, who is forward thinking, creative and receptive to change
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a strong department with high aspirations, commensurate with our growing and thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Closing date is Monday 20 April 2020 but early applications are encouraged.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our school website
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.