Teacher of PE
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: 1st September 2021
We require a Teacher of PE to join The Victory Academy on a fixed term contract starting in September or October 2021. You will be joining a team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13. You will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for PE.
The preferred candidate would have Duke of Edinburgh or Sea Cadet experience and a willingness to support in extracurricular activities within the Academy. This post will also include some teaching of Citizenship and knowledge of Health and Social Care would be an advantage.“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others.
“Staff feel well supported…” Ofsted 2017
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified PE teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong and effective classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to PE
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,458 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Please note the closing date has been extended to include the Easter break – this does not affect any existing applications. We will be in contact will all applicants following the Easter break.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Kealy Davidson to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.