Teacher of Physical Education (Boys)
Full Time and Permanent (MPS or UPS)
Required for September 2020
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1050 on Roll (and growing)
• Co-educational Sixth Form with over 300 students
• MPS or UPS (inc. NQTs)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic full time Teacher of Physical Education to inspire our students. The school has a highly committed staff team with extremely well motivated students and excellent facilities. Physical Education is a popular subject at GCSE and A Level, and a broad range of extra curricular sporting activities are taken up by a large number of students.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for Physical Education and the ability to inspire students.
• Have experience of successful Physical Education teaching to at least KS3.
• Be willing to support the further development of the school’s broad range of extra-curricular sporting provision.
• Contribute to whole school improvement and self-evaluation.
• Insist on a commitment from all young people to achieve success; and will have the ability to motivate students with a focus on maximising attainment.
We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQT’s.
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry , Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 28th January 2020
Interview date; w/c Monday 3rd February 2020
(Please note that interviews may take place ahead of the closing date and therefore early applications are encouraged)
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB clearance