Teacher of Physical Education and Mathematics – NQT or experienced Teacher
Job Start: September 2019
Salary: Main Scale or Threshold
Contract Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a Teacher of PE and Maths at The Oxford Academy. A Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development following our Ofsted inspection in 2016 and ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is positive.
All levels of experience considered.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, inspiring PE teacher who holds a strong second subject in Maths. The PE department is one of the highest performing faculties in the Academy and benefits from outstanding relationships with students, other staff and the community, at TOA we also have the best sports facilities of a school within Oxfordshire. Equally the Maths department is a friendly, enthusiastic and collaborative team of 11 teachers, one dedicated intervention Maths specialist and one Maths Mastery lead. Maths pride themselves on promoting a love of mathematics and a can-do approach to a well-rounded math education
The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic about challenge and committed to change, a reflective practitioner who is interested in developing their career as part of a dynamic and supportive team in both PE and Maths. Departments motivate students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject knowledge and passion for PE and Maths;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 22 May 2019, however applications will be considered on receipt.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.