Teacher of Psychology
Part Time Maternity Cover
(Approx. 0.74 FTE)
Required for October/November 2021
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1160 on roll
• Co-educational Sixth Form with nearly 400 students
• MPS or UPS
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational part-time Teacher of Psychology to help take the department to even further success. The school has a highly committed staff team with extremely well motivated students and excellent facilities. Psychology is a popular and successful subject and is taught both at KS4, and in mixed classes at KS5.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for teaching Psychology and the ability to inspire both staff and students.
• Insist on a commitment from all young people to achieve success; and will have the ability to motivate students with a focus on maximising attainment.
• The ability and desire to teach GCSE and A-level Psychology.
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs. Please do not hesitate to contact the headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry, Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 28th June 2021
Interview date w/b 5th July 2021
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB clearance