Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high-quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Required from January 2021, a highly skilled teacher of Religion, Ethics and Philosophy to join this successful and thriving curriculum team at our high attaining and oversubscribed school in north central Bristol. The role is fixed term until 31 August 2021.
● A skilful and passionate teacher of Religion, Ethics and Philosophy able to deliver outstanding lessons across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3 and 5?
● A well-qualified, highly motivated and engaging teacher of Religion, Ethics and Philosophy able to deliver outstanding lessons across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3 and 5 and who understands how children learn?
● Creative and innovative; willing to contribute to the development of students learning and their progress within a committed and forward-looking department and faculty?
● A practitioner with high skills in self-evaluation?
● Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching?
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic, friendly and enthusiastic team, committed and proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
● excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
● excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Teachers’ pension scheme)
● access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
● ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
● at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
● comprehensive induction process
● competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
● family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
● savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
● reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
● access to staff sports
● option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
● on site free car parking (when available)
● access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 4th of December 2020
Interview date: Monday 14th of December 2020
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK