We are seeking to employ a well-qualified, enthusiastic and motivational teacher of RE. The successful candidate would be joining a high attaining, established department which benefits from strong, supportive leadership.
Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers able to teach throughout the age and ability range
Wimbledon College is a popular and oversubscribed school which prides itself on its exam results at both GCSE and A level with results significantly above national averages. As a Jesuit school, our ethos can be summed up by St Ignatius Loyola s vision for Jesuit schools as being “for improvement in living and learning for the greater glory of God and the common good.” Central to St Ignatius’ vision and to the College is the education of the whole person, providing each pupil with the opportunity to strive for excellence in all that they do.
The school is accommodated in striking Grade II listed buildings on Edge Hill, above the parish church of the Sacred Heart, on a spacious green site in a conservation area. Private and public funds have facilitated a substantial development of the facilities of the College over the last fifteen years.
The College currently has close to 1300 boys on roll including 270 in the Sixth Form. It is a great place to work with a supportive, committed staff who share the school’s high expectations. All teachers are specialists in their subjects and there is a well-established CPD programme which encourages staff to work collaboratively on self-identified areas of research and pedagogy.
Wimbledon College has a strong system of pastoral care and discipline. All teachers are form tutors and work with Heads of Line in ensuring every boy is supported, cared for and challenged to progress academically and become involved in the wider life of the school. The school’s intake is truly comprehensive academically, socially and economically and ethnically. It draws from across southwest London and from Surrey and north of the Thames also. Last year saw boys join the College from over 40 different schools. Places in Y7 are regularly oversubscribed threefold.
We encourage all of our boys to be involved in extra-curricular clubs and activities and we offer over 80 different such opportunities to the boys. The school has a strong tradition of drama and music as well as a very extensive sports programme in the school, financially supported by parents’ donations to the School Fund.
We were graded as Good in our most recent Ofsted inspection in 2017, below are some the key findings:
• “The school provides an inclusive, orderly and welcoming environment where pupils achieve well and enjoy their learning.
• Pupils benefit from strong levels of support, guidance and care through the chaplaincy and pastoral teams. This contributes effectively to their positive attitudes to learning and prepares them well for the next steps in their education.
• All pupils are encouraged to be ‘men for others’ through the embodiment of the school’s core values.
• Staff enjoy working at the school and are fully committed to ensuring that pupils make the most of their education. This is exemplified in the rich programme of clubs and trips on offer, which promotes pupils’ enjoyment of learning and enables them to successfully explore their talents and interests.
• Opportunities for pupils to develop their sports skills are particularly strong and highly valued by pupils, parents and carers alike. “
Wimbledon College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check