Teacher of RE required for September 2021
MPS (possibility of a TLR 2a)
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic School & Sixth Form Centre is seeking to appoint a committed, well-qualified and passionate teacher who can demonstrate a clear sense of purpose and high expectations in the RE department at St Joseph’s. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, community-focused and innovative school and work with wonderful students, committed staff and a supportive leadership team.
Anyone wishing to apply should:
- be an excellent classroom teacher;
- possess a strong commitment to the Catholic ethos and vision of the school;
- be able to inspire and enthuse students;
- have high expectations of students’ achievements and attitudes;
- be able to teach RE up to and including KS5;
- be knowledgeable and up-to-date on current education practice and developments, including those specific to the Catholic education sector and to Wales;
- be able to work as part of a team and be able to motivate, inspire, support and lead others;
- be able to drive curriculum planning at KS3;
- be committed to our students, with the belief that education has the capacity to transform their journey.
We can offer you:
- a caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos;
- friendly and committed staff who are supportive of each other and open to new ideas;
- a commitment to Continuous Professional Development;
- a forward thinking, former Curriculum Pioneer School in relation to Successful Futures.
For a suitable candidate there is a possibility of a TLR 2a being attached to this post. This additional role will provide a first-rate opportunity for career progression, with a suitable candidate being responsible for teaching and learning at KS3 and one whole school aspect explicitly related to the Catholic ethos of the school.
Applications are welcomed from highly motivated and ambitious teachers. NQTs, teachers in their early years and experienced teachers who are looking forward to a new challenge are all welcome to apply.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
Applicants will need to complete the CES application form and should use the supporting statement to explain why they believe they are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is Thursday, 13th May 2021 at 12 noon. Shortlisting will take place immediately and Candidates will be notified on the 13th May, whether they are shortlisted for interview or not. Interviews will take place the following Monday, 17th May 2021.
St Joseph's Catholic School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.