Queen Elizabeth’s School
Blandford Road, Wimborne, BH21 4DT
Headteacher: Katie Boyes
13-18 Upper School
1594 on roll including 400 Post-16
Teacher of Religious Education
Permanent – Full time
To start 2nd September 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional to join our over-subscribed Dorset school Queen Elizabeth’s School has a focus on high achievement and an excellent local reputation and we are very proud that we were awarded an “outstanding” in our SIAMS inspection in 2018.
Our exceptional and thriving Religious Education department is currently able to offer a teaching vacancy. The department is very well resourced and there may be the opportunity to teach Religious Education to A Level.
The post would equally suit a Newly Qualified or experienced teacher.
We can offer you:
- High quality students who enjoy Humanities in a very well equipped faculty
- The opportunity to join a dedicated team of supportive and friendly teachers
- High Sixth Form take up with results above the national average
- A positive, supportive community of staff, Academy Committee members, the Trust and parents
- An exciting school with state-of-the-art facilities
- The opportunity to support our thriving societies, extra-curricular opportunities and house system ethos of collective worship and reflection.
Closing Date: Friday 14th May at 9am
This role is UK based and your Right to Work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.
Queen Elizabeth’s School’ is committed to safeguarding and promoting the Welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to have a DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
Queen Elizabeth's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.