Part time, Permanent Contract
Main Pay Scale / Post Threshold Scale for Outer London, depending on experience
Starting date: 1 January 2021
We are currently looking to recruit a Religious Education Teacher who is able to teach up to and including A’level. You will have strong subject knowledge and excellent communications skills to enable you to convey your passion and enthusiasm for the subject to our students. You will be part of a cohesive and innovative department who share their good practice and encourage new ideas. We welcome applications from either experienced or newly qualified teachers.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which maybe corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.
The Waldegrave Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.