We are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and inspirational teacher of religious studies from January 2021. We are a small school and pride ourselves in knowing our students really well. We work closely together as a team and have individual student achievement at the heart of everything we do.
Maidenhill is a small 11-16 school, located just 2 miles from the M5 motorway with easy access to Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucester and beyond. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a religious studies teacher. In February 2017, Ofsted judged Maidenhill to be a ‘good’ school, so you would be joining the school at an exciting time in its development as we strive now to become ‘outstanding’. Working in a small school provides excellent experience for someone who wants to broaden their skills as you can, and will be, fully involved in all aspects of our school’s life. You will be joining a small, committed team of humanities teachers, led by an enthusiastic and committed subject leader.
Students enjoy their humanities lessons and this is reflected in their option choices in Year 9.
The successful applicant will
- Be an exceptional RS teacher, able to teach to GCSE grade 9
- Have a passion for RS and an enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Be able to teach other humanities subjects in Key Stage 3
- Have student achievement at the heart of everything they do
- Be committed to the all-round development of the student
- Enjoy teaching students of all abilities, stretching and challenging all students to achieve their personal best
- Employ a range of teaching strategies appropriate to the age, ability and level of students
- Be able to create an attractive and stimulating learning environment
- Have the drive and ability to raise the profile of the subject yet further within and outside school
This post would suit either a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) or an experienced colleague. We have a ‘New Staff Induction Programme’ for all staff that join our school. NQTs will participate in a fully supported NQT induction programme led by the Assistant Head Teacher.
(A TLR 2A may be available for an appropriately experienced teacher, to take responsibility for SMSC and British Values. See additional job description)
Maidenhill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.