Teacher of Science 1.0 FTE
0.8 FTE would be considered
Required for January 2021
Suitable for an Experienced Teacher or NQT
We want to hear from you if you are a committed, highly motivated Teacher of Science, or are an NQT
aspiring to be such a teacher, who has a passion for seeing young people succeed.
We can offer you:
• The full support of a dedicated and committed team of staff
• The benefit of working in an innovative and forward-thinking Academy
• Professional development to support you in your career
• The opportunity to work with motivated students and supportive parents
• Potential opportunity to teach in Sixth Form
• Staff benefits, including discounted gym membership and cycle to work scheme
• An attractive location in the Somerset village of Cheddar, close to Bristol
Candidates will need to demonstrate they are:
• An outstanding teacher (or an NQT aspiring to be outstanding)
• Able to consistently teach inspirational lessons and have good subject knowledge
• Organised and have excellent communication skills
• A strategic thinker and creative problem-solver
• Innovative, enthusiastic and passionate about their subject
• An outstanding teacher who has vision, drive and a determination to succeed in maximising attainment potential
• Possessing relevant experience of 9-1 Science GCSEs
For an informal discussion, please contact Mr D Parfitt, Subject Leader for Science on 01934-742608.
We are committed to offering excellent opportunities for CPD.
Closing date: Monday 19 October 2020 8.00 am
Provisional Interview date: Thursday 22 October 2020
To apply for this position, please complete a teaching staff application form, (which is available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr D Wiltshire (Head Teacher). Your letter should be no more than two pages of A4, detailing your experience to date and why you are the best candidate for the position.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
The Kings of Wessex Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.