TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS plus TLR for suitable candidate
Salary Band: £23,719 - £39,406 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Term: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 12th July 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: On application
Hours: Full time/Part time considered
Start: September 2019
Please note: Should a suitable candidate be identified during the vacancy live timescale, the vacancy may be closed early.
Previous applicants need not apply.
About the opportunity:
We are looking to recruit an excellent Science teacher who will add value to a high performing team. Applications are welcome from those with any specialism (but preferably those that are able to teach Physics/Chemistry GCSE and A-level). The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to our committed and enthusiastic faculty: we pride ourselves on our innovative and forward-looking practice.
The Science Department is located at the centre of the school in well-resourced laboratories and our faculty of 15 teachers and 4 technicians work together to deliver inspiring lessons. All members of the team teach across the age and ability range. Science is a popular subject; around half of KS4 students take separate sciences and over a third of KS5 students study one or more science subjects.
A comprehensive programme of support and training will be made available to the successful applicant. Any NQT appointed will be supported with a reduced timetable, a mentor and a strong commitment to his/her professional development.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1560 students, 200 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading.
The successful candidate will be:
A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Perkz discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Childcare vouchers (P&T)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us:
The White Horse Federation
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the students and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.