Teacher of Science
Required to start Spring Term 2020
Full Time – Permanent
or Part Time / Flexible working hours considered
Age range 11-18 - Number on roll 1450
We require a permanent Teacher of Science starting Spring Term 2020
We are looking for a passionate, committed and motivated teacher who wants to make a difference to the life chances of the students in our college. As we move into a new chapter in our history, we are looking to appoint a teacher who thrives on a challenge and who is willing to make a positive contribution to the Science department as well as to the wider college community.
We are committed to developing respectful, resilient and successful students and are looking to appoint a teacher who wants to help us achieve this. In return for this you can expect:-
• to work with a creative and committed team of staff
• to have the opportunity to impact positively upon the lives of our students
• be provided with a tailored CPD programme to allow you to be the best teacher you can be
• the opportunity to teach across three key stages
• to work in a friendly and supportive environment
It is an exciting time to join us! Following the recent merger to become an 11-18 college, we are in the process of having a brand new build to replace part of the site. We are also in the process of joining the LiFE MAT where we will be able to collaborate with and grow a learning community of like-minded professionals.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in teaching Science.
NQTs are welcome to apply.
Benefits for Employees
Countesthorpe Leysland Community College has teamed up with UK Healthcare to provide you with a corporate healthcare cash plan scheme for staff. With no need for a medical and all pre-existing conditions fully covered, this plan is designed to help cover your “day to day” healthcare expenditure such as Optical and Dental bills and offers 100% cash back (up to policy limits) for a variety of different medical treatments including:
- Dental – Check-ups, fillings, hygienist fees, X-Rays and dentures
- Optical - Eye tests, glasses, contact lenses, repairs and laser eye surgery
- Wellbeing – Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic and Acupuncture
- Health screenings
- A stay in hospital by you or your child
This College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check via the DBS.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Monday 23 September 2019 3pm