St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford who recently converted to Academy status, joining the Xavier Catholic Education Trust on 1st October 2019. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Science, starting in January 2020 to cover maternity leave. MPS/UPS Fringe.
About St Peter’s:
• Converted to Academy status, joining the Xavier Catholic Education Trust on 1st October 2019.
• An extremely successful school and sixth form, set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking.
• Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources.
• Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent.
• A partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
What we can offer you:
• An outstanding, high quality weekly training programme for NQT’s, to help you to become a confident, outstanding teaching professional.
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
• The scope to offer suitably experienced candidates’ additional responsibility if desired.
• A friendly, supportive environment where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
About the Science Department:
• As a team we are friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate about our subject. We work hard to engage and inspire all students.
• In years 7 and 8, staff teach all three Sciences and from Year 9 onwards, wherever possible, they will teach their specialism up to GCSE standard.
• Opportunity to teach A Level specialism if desired.
• The department benefits from nine laboratories situated on two floors and three preparation rooms, including a chemical storeroom.
• We have three Science Technicians to support the work of the department.
• An enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of Science able to teach to at least GCSE level.
• Experienced and NQT applications are welcome.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We don’t want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you are interested in the position, but would like further information before applying please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
St Peters Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.