Teacher of Science
Location: Leicester, city centre.
Opportunity for dedicated and enthusiastic practitioner to be a founding teacher at Castle Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
This post will suit NQTs, RQTS or more experienced teachers.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. By 2024, the eight form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 pupils. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead will make available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every pupil leaves with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to seize opportunities post-16 and lead fulfilling lives.
We are recruiting a teacher of Science who will be one of the founding members of our staff team, to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.”
This is a unique opportunity to teach in a school where:
- there is a premium on subject expertise;
- there is a cherishing of each subject discipline with no generic “one size fits all” approach;
- a knowledge rich curriculum in each subject which will give pupils access to the best which has been thought and said in every field of human endeavour;
- there is a focus on feedback rather than marking;
- there is a calm orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach without interruption;
- there is an emphasis on staff professional growth, with integrated professional learning and coaching;
- we challenge convention, distribute leadership and consistently consider staff workload;
- you will be able to draw upon the strength and expertise of colleagues at Rushey Mead Academy, outstanding since 2007 and in the top 1% of schools nationally for Progress 8 in 2019.
This is an opportunity for teachers who:
- are subject enthusiasts;
- champion pupils’ academic scholarship as well as development of their character;
- want to grow as a practitioner in a growing school.
The successful candidate will grow alongside our other leaders as part of our excellent team and have the opportunity to develop curriculum and practice together year by year. The new Principal, the Executive Principal, the partnership with Rushey Mead Academy and the wider TMET family of schools will support the team to develop, providing coaching and access to training through our Teaching School.
Please submit your application by 9th January 2020. For further information, a confidential discussion, to book a visit to Castle Mead Academy or any technical queries please contact Tom Hague, Principal, at Castle Mead Academy.
Closing Date: 9th January, 12 noon
Interviews: January 2020
Position Start Date: August 2020
Salary: MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,490 per annum, depending on experience)
Application Pack, Teacher of Science, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Teacher of Science, Castle Mead Academy
Teaching and Learning Policy 2019, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.